Local Government Chronicle
LGC exists to deliver the essential information that enables local authority chief executives, their senior colleagues and the companies they work with to provide better public services. Our five core objectives are:
- FOCUS: The next few years will be a defining period for local government; LGC will dedicate its coverage exclusively to the key issues that will determine the fate of the sector. If it isn’t essential, it won’t feature. LGC will cut through the noise and distractions to identify the issues on the horizon. It will focus on tomorrow’s issues today, supporting readers to plan for a more successful future.
- OVERVIEW: There is an ever-expanding volume of information about local government’s vast array of service areas and functions. LGC will filter this information for the essential nuggets and present a comprehensive at-a-glance briefing of everything local government leaders need to know. No need to look anywhere else.
- INSIGHT: Challenging times make it important to hear directly from those who are best informed. Every week LGC will bring you the opinions and analyses of the most successful and innovative local government executives and experts. No waffle, no third-hand hearsay – just the people who know, answering the important questions.
- INFORMATION TO ACT: Not all information is useful – and not all useful information is easy to find. LGC will resolutely seek out and mine the information that enables those leading local government to make the decisions that matter.
- A COMMITMENT TO CONTRIBUTE: LGC stands ready to play its part in local government’s success in the face of the challenges the future will bring. It will provide exclusive facts and data to aid decision-making and it will champion and represent its readers and their work. Everyday LGC will seek to better understand the challenges readers face and the information they need.