LGC's Future Leaders Network
Supporting tomorrow's leaders in local government today
Future Leaders Network - South-East
The LGC Future Leaders Network, in association with BT, aims to support local government’s emerging talent. Here Clare Kingston reflects on the south-east meeting
Future Leaders Network - North-West
The LGC Future Leaders Network, in association with BT, aims to support local government’s emerging talent. Here Andrea Sturgess reflects on the north-west meeting.
Future Leaders Network - Midlands Group
The LGC Future Leaders Network, in association with BT, aims to support local government’s up and coming talent. Each of our seven regional groups has now met. Here Future Leader Steve Maxey shares his reflections from the Midlands meeting
Future Leaders Network - Wales and south-west
The LGC Future Leaders Network, in association with BT, aims to support local government’s up and coming talent. Each of our seven regional groups has now met. Here, Future Leader Sarah McBride shares her reflections from the Wales and south-west meeting
What makes a Future Leader?
Partners will be asked to look for the following when nominating Future Leaders
- An understanding of the dynamics of local communities and a passion for working with members
- Ability to set tone, vision and values without dominating - creating the space in which others can take calculated risks, perform and learn
- Entrepreneurial/commercial streak, understanding of the role of the media and technology
- Creative thinking, collaboration, resilience, conviction, empathy, 'bouncebackability', humility and a sense of humour
With thanks to the 20-strong unofficial Twitter focus group that shared their views: read more of their thoughts on the qualities needed by future leaders at LGCplus.com/5031403.blog
Please support the project. Email LGC.email@example.com if:
- Your professional association or body would like to become a partner and nominate Future Leaders.
- You would like to volunteer to speak at a network event.
- You would like to support a group by providing other information, resources or support.
Many thanks to the organisations that have already agreed to become partners, including:
- The Society of Information Technology Management
- The Public Sector People Manager's Association
- The Association of Local Authority Treasurers
- The Local Authorities Research & Intelligence Association
- ADSS Cymru
In Association With:
Future Leaders Latest
Over the past few weeks, nominations have been rolling in at an impressive rate for the LGC Future Leaders Network. We reveal the names of our Future Leaders - congratulations to them all