Finance Special - June 2011
Read LGC’s regular special report on finance
The June 2011 edition of LGC Finance contains the following:
Hot topics: pick of the conference schedule
LGC’s editor gives her picks on what not to miss at the upcoming 2011 CIPFA annual conference
LGC will be at the CIPFA Conference
- Visit us at stand 43
Business rates overhaul splits opinion
- The Local Government Resource Review could mean business rates remaining largely where they are raised, a prospect that is not universally welcomed. Mark Smulian explains why.
Hutton heralds long-awaited reforms
- The pensions commission’s recommendations propose a profound shake-up to public sector schemes. Alison Murray explores the implications of the proposed changes.
Comment - It is time to redefine emerging markets
- Gillian Evans, UK Institutional Business, Goldman Sachs Asset Management
Partnership overcomes housing hurdle
- For first-time buyers, raising the deposit can be a sticking-point. But, as Jeff Reid explains, a pilot scheme between councils and lenders is making it easier for would-be home-owners.
Comment - With the right data, you can do almost anything
- Simon Godfrey, senior director, Oracle Corporation
Winning ways to tackle complex needs
- This year’s Future Finance Leaders winning team explain how they examined the role of the finance director in implementing community budgets, with a focus on complex service delivery.
Comment - Technology can oil the wheels of transformation
- Tony Killeen, managing director, allpay