LGC Investment Awards 2011
The LGC Investment Awards 2011 are now accepting entries, don’t miss your chance to be recognised by your peers for your local authority’s pensions and investments achievements.
Do you have an investment worth recognising?
The 2011 LGC Investment Awards are now accepting entries, the awards site is live at www.lgcinvestmentawards.com.
These are the only awards devoted to acknowledging and rewarding exceptional achievement in local authority pensions and investment. The categories recognise accomplishments across different markets and for the quality of their funds, service and corporate governance.
Now in their 18th year, these awards continue to recognise and reward innovation and excellence in investment. With increased public scrutiny, a complex valuation process and a changing political environment, there has never been a better time to highlight your excellence.
How do I enter?
Visit the awards website www.lgcinvestmentawards.com and visit the category section to choose what is most appropriate to you, criteria is listed within the category section and entrants can enter multiple categories.
Enter before 13 October, 2011 and:
- Be recognised for your good practice;
- Highlight how you have diversified investment to achieve maximum rate of return;
- Showcase how you have decreased the risk of your investments;
- Boost the morale of your hard working staff.
If you have any questions about entering, please contact Melissa.McChesney@emap.com or call 020 7728 5511.
We look forward to receiving your entries!
Emma Maier, editor, LGC
Please note, the entry deadline is 13 October. We advise you to begin your entries as soon as possible in order to maximise your chance of success.
Emma’s Dos and Don’ts for the awards:
- DO take note of the deadline - 13th October - and put some time aside to prepare your entries. It may sound obvious, but every year across all the awards we run we see entries coming in at the last possible deadline that have clearly been written in a tearing hurry. These rarely win.
- DO read the categories carefully and check out the entry criteria for your category, to make sure that your entry a) is eligible and b) contains the correct information.
- DON’T just stop at entering one category.
- DO use the word limit wisely. The judges want you to convey exactly what makes your entry a potential winner. If they are left thinking ‘I am still not sure why this should win’, there is something missing from the explanation.
- DO put relevant supporting material in as attachments - short information pieces and evidence of your claims are fine, entire company brochures are not. But don’t leave important details in those attachments, expecting the judges to find them for themselves. Put the important information in the entry itself.
- DO make sure that you include data and other evidence where possible to back up your claims.
- DO enter - If you have done something great, you stand a great chance of getting recognition. But you can’t win if you don’t get your entry in.
- Fund of the Year (Above £2bn)
- Fund of the Year (Above £750m)
- Fund of the Year (Under £750m)
- Corporate Governance Award
- Finance Officer of the Year
- Quality of Service and Innovation Award
- Lifetime Achievement Award
Non entry categorties
We also have 2 awards presented to local authority pension funds with the highest investment return over the three years ending September 2011:
- Best Return of Direct Property
- Best Return on Equities