LGC Investment Supplement - September 2011
Read LGC’s regular supplement on investment
The September 2011 edition of LGC Investment contains the following:
Extreme lessons to be learned
- Fund managers are facing extreme pressures as a result of global financial crises. Phil Triggs gives an overview of the economic background and the likely challenges to come.
Time to change
- Suffolk CC corporate fund manager Peter Edwards reports on how his council has responded to the new climate and what it means for the pension fund’s investment strategy.
It will be a different world
- Then pensions world is braced for changes to the Local Government Pensions Scheme. Brian Bailey looks at the implications for funds in a rapidly changing landscape.
Steering a safe course
- Generating sufficient returns to meet obligations remains a key priority. Nigel Cook reports on how his council is squaring an increasingly difficult circle.
It’s a risky business
- In a turbulent world, effective risk management has to be top of the agenda for pension fund managers. Alison Murray looks at what action councils can take.
Is inflation a real worry?
- Inflation is a growing problem that pension fund managers need to be taking account of. Rod Goodyer explores some strategies to tackle it.
Expert Opinions in the Supplement Including:
Comment - Alternatives and pension schemes: a natural fit
Peter Cazalet, managing director, UK Institutional Business, J.P. Morgan Asset Management
Comment - GDP forecasts are key to equities performance
Gillian Evans, UK Institutional Business, Goldman Sachs Asset Management
Comment - It’s time to think globally
Hugh Ferrand, head of UK Institutional Sales & Services, Invesco Perpetual
Comment - Charting an alternative course
Juliet Bullick, head of UK Institutional, BlackRock
Comment - A broader view of bonds
Paul Brain, head of fixed income, Newton
DON’T FORGET TO ENTER OUR INVESTMENT AWARDS
Now open for entries the 18th LGC Investment Awards recognising and rewarding local authority innovation in pensions and investment
Visit www.lgcinvestmentawards.com and enter now