Your browser is no longer supported

For the best possible experience using our website we recommend you upgrade to a newer version or another browser.

Your browser appears to have cookies disabled. For the best experience of this website, please enable cookies in your browser

We'll assume we have your consent to use cookies, for example so you won't need to log in each time you visit our site.
Learn more

CAMDEN PAYS FOR FUMES FAILURE

  • Comment
Camden LBC has paid£175,000 compensation in an out-of- court settlement to a resident who suffered brain damage fr...
Camden LBC has paid£175,000 compensation in an out-of- court settlement to a resident who suffered brain damage from carbon monoxide produced by his gas fire.

Allahn McRea, who doctors diagnosed with moderate brain damage as a result of exposure to toxic fumes, sued Camden alleging the fire in his council-owned flat had never been serviced.

Mr McRea, a council tenant since 1979, also alleged that there were defects in the sealing, chimney pots and flue.

The council will pay Mr McRea's estimated£120,000 legal costs.

A spokesman said: 'Camden is happy to compensate Mr McRea for the distress he has suffered. We are now in a new era of gas safety.'
  • Comment

Have your say

You must sign in to make a comment

Please remember that the submission of any material is governed by our Terms and Conditions and by submitting material you confirm your agreement to these Terms and Conditions.

Links may be included in your comments but HTML is not permitted.