Your browser is no longer supported

For the best possible experience using our website we recommend you upgrade to a newer version or another browser.

Your browser appears to have cookies disabled. For the best experience of this website, please enable cookies in your browser

We'll assume we have your consent to use cookies, for example so you won't need to log in each time you visit our site.
Learn more

COUNCIL CASH SHORTAGE MAY HALT SCHOOL TESTS

  • Comment
Some local authorities are warning schools that they may not receive all the money they need to pay for the nationa...
Some local authorities are warning schools that they may not receive all the money they need to pay for the national curriculum tests, reports The Independent (p6).

The government will provide 60% of the £30m earmarked to pay for external markers and for supply teachers to cover for teachers carrying out tests. The remaining 40% will come from councils.

But the National Association of Head Teachers says that authorities such as Nottinghamshire CC may provide no money for supply teachers, which could lead to tests being cancelled.
  • Comment

Have your say

You must sign in to make a comment

Please remember that the submission of any material is governed by our Terms and Conditions and by submitting material you confirm your agreement to these Terms and Conditions.

Links may be included in your comments but HTML is not permitted.