It is above-all the funding of the European Court of Human Rights which will increase, as part of the 2003-05 programme to boost its resources. The court budget for 2004 amounts to 39.2 million euros, representing an increase of 10.7% on 2003, and 56% since the creation of the single court on 1 November 1998.
- the Committee for the Prevention of Torture (CPT)
- the fight against terrorism
- work on the draft convention against trafficking in human beings
- activities to improve the situation and representation of Roma, Gypsies and Travellers in Europe
- combating corruption and money laundering
- intercultural and interreligious dialogue