Your browser is no longer supported

For the best possible experience using our website we recommend you upgrade to a newer version or another browser.

Your browser appears to have cookies disabled. For the best experience of this website, please enable cookies in your browser

We'll assume we have your consent to use cookies, for example so you won't need to log in each time you visit our site.
Learn more

COUNCIL WORKERS UNLAWFULLY KILLED BY FUMES

  • Comment
Two council workmen were unlawfully killed when they were overcome by fumes from toxic chemicals while cleaning a s...
Two council workmen were unlawfully killed when they were overcome by fumes from toxic chemicals while cleaning a sewage system, an inquest jury at Neath, South Wales has ruled.

The Guardian (p6) reports that Neath and Port Talbot council workers Ryan Preece and Robert Simpson breathed in the poisonous fumes after chemicals leaked into an underground chamber they were working on. The inquest heard they were not given safety equipment.

Neath and Port Talbot council was last year fined a record£150,000 for breaching health and safety regulations and failing to ensure the safety of the men, said the paper.
  • Comment

Have your say

You must sign in to make a comment

Please remember that the submission of any material is governed by our Terms and Conditions and by submitting material you confirm your agreement to these Terms and Conditions.

Links may be included in your comments but HTML is not permitted.