The Cosla Excellence Awards 2002 are sponsored by: Scottish Power, Xerox and the Scottish executive.
- Category 1 Customer Focus
- Category 2 Social Inclusion
- Category 3 Delivering Excellence
- Category 4 People Management
- Category 5 Innovative Technologies
Projects are wide-ranging and cover all local government activities. This year's shortlisted projects are broken down as follows:
Dundee City (2)
North Ayrshire (1)
North Lanarkshire (2)
West Dunbartonshire (2)
West Lothian (3)
The winners will be announced at a special awards ceremony to be held at Motherwell Civic Centre, hosted by Jackie Bird, on Monday February 25, 2002.
Andy Kerr, MSP, minister for finance and public services will also be in attendance at the ceremony and present an award.