The 181 political parties on the Great Britain register were required to submit quarterly donation reports to the commission. The following seven parties submitted reportable donations totalling:
- Conservative Party received£2,710,327
- Liberal Democrats received£236,482
- SNP received£227,966
- The Co-operative Party received£109,563
- Plaid Cymru received£16,777
- The Green Party (England) received£9,500
The Political Parties, Elections and Referendums Act 2000 (PPERA) requires registered political parties to submit quarterly donation reports to the Commission. These reports must include all donations over£5,000 to main political party offices and over£1,000 to constituency or local party offices. Failure to submit these reports is an offence.
Donations from 1 January to 31 March 2002 are listed on the commission's website .