From the 66 proposals made by local actors in the United Kingdom, the British government chose the following ten:
- Barnsley MBC
- Birmingham City Council on behalf of Black Country Districts, Birmingham and Solihull
- East Midlands 3 Cities (Nottingham, Derby and Leicester)
- Haringey LBC/North London Leadership (Tottenham Partnership)
Northern Ireland Training and Employment Agency
- North Wales Economic Forum
- South Tyneside MBC
- West Cornwall Initiative
- Western Scotland Objective 2 Partnership
These projects will now be discussed with the commission and could then be added to those already presented by the other member states bringing the total number of draft territorial employment pacts to about 90.
The aim of these pacts is to prepare innovative plans for job creation on the basis of broad regional and local partnerships.