The Express (p2) reports that Esther Kelbie has been banned from many local pubs and off-licences and caused havoc when neighbours have complained, but until now the police could not build a criminal case against her.
Other councils are gathering evidence against dozens of families, who could face up to five years in jail if they continue to menace neighbours.
Liverpool will be the first in England to use the new powers when it goes to court on Thursday, seeking orders against several youths who have allegedly made part of their estate a 'no-go area'.
The Express's leader column (p10) supports councils' use of such orders and says 'neighbours from hell' and the distress they cause could soon be a thing of the past.
It highlights the fact that earlier this year Jack Straw, the home secretary, described such peoples as 'terrorists'. 'That is exactly what they are,' the paper says. 'Let us hope their reign of terror is finally coming to an end.'