The Liberal Democrat, Conservative and Green groups have agreed to form a
leaders are now working on the detail which will be announced in due
Mark Harris (Liberal Democrats), Andrew Carter (Conservatives) and David Blackburn (Greens) said:
'This represents a new start for the city of Leeds in accordance with
the election results and we are confident that we will deliver
significant improvements for all the people of Leeds.'
This follows all-out elections at Leeds City Council on 10 June.
The results were:
- Labour have 40 seats (previously 52)
- The Liberal Democrats have 26 (previously 20)
- Conservatives 24 (previously 22)
- Morley Borough Independents 6 (previously 2)
- Green Party 3 (previously 3)