police officer from another force to investigate allegations against
a senior officer of the Metropolitan Police.
with immediate effect, pending the outcome of the investigation.
The investigation concerns alleged non-compliance with Metropolitan
Police Service internal procedures by the officer and it does not
involve any other officer or any third party.
As is customary in disciplinary matters, the authority is not
prepared to discuss specifics regarding the allegations or officer
1. Allegations against ACPO rank officers within the Metropolitan
Police are investigated by the Metropolitan Police Authority's ACPO
conduct sub-committee. Please note this is an MPA sub-committee of
the MPA professional standards and complaints committee and NOT a
committee of the Association of ACPO.
2. The ACPO conduct sub-committee role:
- To investigate and deal with any allegations, reports and
complaints about the conduct of officers of ACPO rank in accordance
with appropriate regulations.
- To consider all matters relating to discipline against ACPO rank
officers, within police regulations.
3. This is the first time the authority has exercised its discretion
to suspend an officer.