It is envisaged that the inquiry will focus on four key areas:
* the preparation undertaken by the school and the Local Education Authority (LEA) leading up to the school trip
* the preparation of the pupils and families prior to the school trip
* the events of the day that Bunmi was reported missing
* what happened in terms of reporting the incident
* the actions taken after this by the teachers, the school and the LEA
The review will be concerned with the extent to which the school and the LEA followed DfES guidelines for school trips.
Lambeth will begin the inquiry as soon as practicable, however the review must avoid compromising any other reviews or procedures being carried out by other authorities in France or the UK. If appropriate the review may be carried out in a series of discrete stages to ensure that progress is made as swiftly as possible.