Your browser is no longer supported

For the best possible experience using our website we recommend you upgrade to a newer version or another browser.

Your browser appears to have cookies disabled. For the best experience of this website, please enable cookies in your browser

We'll assume we have your consent to use cookies, for example so you won't need to log in each time you visit our site.
Learn more

MENDIP DC ADMITS CHARGES FOR GIRL'S PLAYGROUND DEATH

  • Comment
The Times (June 6, p11) reported that Mendip DC has admitted two charges brought by the Health and Safety Executive...
The Times (June 6, p11) reported that Mendip DC has admitted two charges brought by the Health and Safety Executive of failing to protect the public after a 13 year old girl died in a playground accident.

Mendip DC said that it had been let down by its maintenance firm, Sita, which was contracted to look after the play areas.

Graham Jeffs, chief executive of the council told the paper: 'We trusted them to maintain the play areas on our behalf. But at the end of the day it is our responsibility and that is why we pleaded guilty.'
  • Comment

Have your say

You must sign in to make a comment

Please remember that the submission of any material is governed by our Terms and Conditions and by submitting material you confirm your agreement to these Terms and Conditions.

Links may be included in your comments but HTML is not permitted.