Details are contained in a statistical Information Note, Non Residential Community Care, Scotland 1998 published by The Scottish Office.
Information is presented at a national level for day and home care services for adults in Scotland in 1998. Details of lunch clubs and meals-on-wheels are also presented.
Other main findings:
* 85 per cent of clients receiving home care services provided or purchased by a local authority were aged 65 years or over;
* An estimated 24 persons per 1000 aged 65 years or over were reported to have received a meals-on-wheels service;
* Local authorities purchased around 11 per cent of the hours of home care services they provided from the private and voluntary sectors.
1. The Information Note is available as an annex to this release by telephoning 0131 244 2968, and by accessing The Scottish Office web site (www.scotland.gov.uk).
2. Information on residential community care in Scotland is due to be published in May 1999.