Your browser is no longer supported

For the best possible experience using our website we recommend you upgrade to a newer version or another browser.

Your browser appears to have cookies disabled. For the best experience of this website, please enable cookies in your browser

We'll assume we have your consent to use cookies, for example so you won't need to log in each time you visit our site.
Learn more

NORFOLK CC SOCIAL SERVICES ADMITS 'FAILURE' IN CHILD'S DEATH

  • Comment
David Wright, director of social services for Norfolk CC said that the ...
David Wright, director of social services for Norfolk CC said that the

service had failed a five year old child who was murdered by her mother's violent boyfriend.

'We failed in our duty and for that I am deeply sorry. This could happen again because our workload now is even worse,' he said in the Daily Telegraph (Dec 12, p5).

Following the sentencing at Norwich crown court of Graham Sate, who battered the little girl to death, chief officers from Norfolk social services, the area child protection committee, the civilian police and the RAf police all admitted mistakes had been made after police and social workers failed to act on signs that the child was at risk.
  • Comment

Have your say

You must sign in to make a comment

Please remember that the submission of any material is governed by our Terms and Conditions and by submitting material you confirm your agreement to these Terms and Conditions.

Links may be included in your comments but HTML is not permitted.