Junior ministerial responsibilities in the Ministry of Housing, Communities & Local Government have been announced.
An additional ministeral post with specific responsibility for housing and homelessness has been added to Sajid Javid’s team. This is to “reflect the government’s renewed focus on housing issues”, the ministry said. Those duties previously fell under the remit of the local government minister.
The full junior ministerial team, and their responsibilities, is as follows:
- Dominic Raab - Housing and planning minister, including Grenfell response and the social housing green paper
- Heather Wheeler - Housing and homelessness minister, including supported housing and voluntary right-to-buy
- Rishi Sunak - Local government minister, including adult social care, finance, and pensions
- Jake Berry - Minister for the Northern Powerhouse and local growth, including devolution and European funding and what will replace it
- Lord Bourne of Aberystwyth - Minister for faith and community cohesion, and the ministry’s representative in the House of Lords
As well as being housing and communities secretary, Mr Javid will also continue as the ministerial champion for the Midlands Engine.