Nottingham City Council took the most gongs at the annual ‘reputation awards’ for local government - coincidentally held in the city.
The authority’s comms team took gold at the LGcomms event in categories covering employee engagement, council reputation, partnership and community safety.
Among the other winners was Walsall MBC for the Walsall 24 project in March which was covered in LGC
The awards seek to recognise work by councils demonstrating outstanding communications work that has helped improved council reputation throughout the year.
David Holdstock, national chair of LGcomms, said: “This year’s entries showed the spread of good work that’s going on in both small and large authorities across the country. All of the winners demonstrated good evaluation that met and exceeded objectives, which is crucial in the current climate.”
The winners were:
- Media relations: Doncaster MBC
- Publication: Redbridge LBC
- Employee engagement: Nottingham City Council
- Value for money: Allerdale BC
- Community engagement: Cumbria CC
- Customer insight: North Somerset DC
- Digital and social media: Walsall MBC
- Council reputation: Nottingham City Council
- Partnership: Nottingham City Council
- Small budget: Stockport MBC
- Best health campaign: Doncaster MBC
- Community safety: Nottingham City Council