Powershift is sponsoring the LGA's 'Forum On Transport' on Thursday which focuses on the government's keenly anticipated White Paper on an Integrated Transport Policy. In addition, Powershift will be providing CFV test-drives for delegates.
Jonathan Murray, Powershift programme manager, commented:
'The LGA conference is an excellent opportunity for Powershift to demonstrate to local government that CFV technology is viable. Increased pressure on local budgets means that decision-makers are focusing heavily on efficiency - Powershift can help by offering up to 50% of the cost difference between a CFV and a comparable petrol/diesel model.
- Energy Efficiency - Powershift is an Energy Saving Trust initiative endorsed by the UK government
- The Energy Saving Trust was set up by the government and the major UK energy companies in 1992 to promote the efficient use of energy, both in domestic and small business sectors. By encouraging more efficient use of resources, the trust aims to achieve an overall reduction in the environmental impact of energy usage.
- Powershift is a government funded initiative launched by the Energy Saving Trust in 1996. The biggest initiative of its kind, Powershift aims to kick start a sustainable market for clean fuelled vehicles in Britain.
- Powershift is committed to encouraging demand for clean fuels and stimulating commitments from fuel companies and vehicle manufacturers.
- The use of clean fuels in vehicles such as Natural Gas, Liquefied Petroleum Gas and electricity could create vital reductions in emissions of both harmful pollutants and global warming gases.